Saturday, August 1, 2009

see what I'm talking about?

If you want a perfect example of one thing I mentioned in the blog before this, check out this video.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the "chicken catcher" on America's Got Talent. Well, this guy comes out (he actually has a poncho on very similar to zach's haha) and he looks goofy and then he starts talking and you're like, "what an idiot. This is going to be terrible" and he sings and it's wonderful! Anyway, one of the judges, Pierce, is so disgusted with this guy in the beginning, and he even scratches his forehead with a certain finger!!! This is the evidence I love to find :) This guy scratches his head with his middle finger without even knowing he's doing it. It's an expression that means contempt or disgust. It's a subconscious thing we do, like, shaking your head when you're lying because you don't believe your own words. It's not something we'll ALWAYS do, but EVERYONE does it. That's why it's a universal expression :)




Another example:


haha, look at how many times she shakes her head (other when she's saying "no")
this woman doesn't believe a word of what she's saying. HAHA


check this video out. it's my favorite of the 3. If you didn't look at the rest, check this one out. seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment