Monday, August 31, 2009

Good Morning, kiddos!

So it's 9:21 and I've been finished with my day since 8:50! Sigh, I love college.

But before I tell you about my morning, let me rewind back to yesterday!
I woke up around 8:30am to go to church with Jamie and my head felt like it was going to explode!!! My nose was bright red, my eyes were saggy and mostly closed and I sounded awful! In all, it was kind of sad. So I walked to my RA's room and knocked on her door to ask for some cold medicine and then a neighbor of mine walked out of the bathroom and asked if I was okay, to which I replied "nao." Translation: no in the language of congestion. So she gave me some mucinex, which made me feel a little better, but I still felt like crap. So I got ready and met Jamie a little later than we had planned so we could head to First Baptist Irving. I gotta say, I'm SO glad I went! It was amazing! I think that's the church for me! AHHH. After church, we went to the college service, which was just a simple Bible study in a 249 Sunday morning-esque way. I loved it! I also loved that it didn't have a worship portion...now, before I get accused of being a heathen or something, let me explain. Big church had worship, and I love praising God through music, but at the same time, I think sometimes - for me - it can be a big distraction that can lure me away from the message. So I loved the simple college thing. THEN they had a cookout type thing and fed us hamburgers and hotdogs :) it was great! Free food is always a plus!
When I got back to my room, I felt awful. My head was soooo congested. Meh. So I got in my pjs, did a little homework, straightened the room a bit, then layed around the rest of the night. Around 7ish I fell asleep. It was awesome. Then Allison came home from being gone all weekend and it was great! Apparently I woke up a few times, spouted randomness and went back to sleep...or maybe I never really woke up. Who knows. I do tend to talk in my sleep.

This morning I woke up at 6:45, took a shower and got ready for history. I was a wee bit late, but my teacher was cool about it and there were a few people more late than I was, so I was safe! I got done at 8:50 and now I'm just waiting to go to chapel at 10. YAAAAAY

well gotta go! love you guys


OH guess what? my mom wants me to come home this weekend! So I might see some of you soon!

2 comments:

  1. So believe it or not, before you came here I told Marie you would chose First Baptist Irving. Ha. PROPHECY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHHAHAH that's really awesome.

    I'm impressed with your wisdom :)


    hey girl, we need to hang out soon! we live 5 minutes from one another and I've seen you ONCE!

    ReplyDelete