Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I could make friends with a rock

so the other day I went to kohls with my mom and we ended up buying a ridiculous amount of flipflops. I know what you're thinking...how many flipflops does one need? According to my mother, plenty? Who knows. Anyway, we approached the register with about 5 or 6 pairs (2 pairs came together for like $3 though...shower flipflops). So there we were, second in line, when I say "geeze. people are going to think we're trying to start a flipflop store or something."

Just then, we move to first in line and the lady checking us out exclaims, "man, are you guys opening up a flipflop store or something?!" Needless to say, my jaw drops a little, but just enough to give this sales lady a chuckle at my expense. She then explained how she heard me, which led me into telling her how I just talk really loud, so it's pretty much expected all the time. "ME TOO!" the crazy lady said. Which then led her to ask if I was the youngest - to which I replied "yes" - and she told me that was probably the reason because she, too, was the youngest and her mother always said that she was so loud because she needed for someone to hear her among all the other children. Then she asked me about the age difference between my siblings...which I found odd, but whatever.

At this point, my mom sees these coupons on the register and her eyes light up! You see, my mother is always looking for a good deal - which isn't a bad thing. So the catch to these little coupons were to scratch off the gray area to reveal your savings. So the lady gives her one and she scratches it off to reveal a mere 10% discount...how sad. Then, the lady slides her another one and whispers, "shh, scratch another one...but only because I like her *pointing to me*." My mom scratches again and WOOHOO! 30% off our entire purchase :) $80 went to like $50!

As we walk from the store, me with a smug smile upon my face, I turn to my mom and say, "aren't you glad I talk to EVERYONE?" hahaha


p.s. this story is brought to you by "It's 7:36am and I still can't sleep!" Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment