Wednesday, July 1, 2009

too tatt or not tattoo.

So I find myself at 4am sitting here. I have been awake since midnight or so. I went to bed before that at 5pm. Before that, I stayed awake 24hrs. Sigh. Now I'm getting sleepy...but I have to wake up at 4 because my mom and I are leaving at 5. Don't tell anyone, but we're going to test to be on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. For some reason, she doesn't want me to tell a soul. fooey.

So today I was talking to my friend Sven and he was watching this show about traditional tattoos. And that got me thinking. I'm not a big fan of tattoos, myself. I mean, I've considered getting an extremely small, as tasteful as one can be tattoo. I found one today I actually like. It says "Avere Fiducia." Which basically means "have faith" in italian. I've seen some I actually like. Who knows. If I ever got one it'd be tiny. And it wouldn't be anywhere really noticable. Aka: anywhere it would be difficult to cover up in order to be a respectable person...or to ever have a job. I was thinking perhaps on the back of my neck...but that worries me. Brain stem and all. Minorly important for life ;) Maybe on my pelvic bone...but I really don't want to be one of those women that has kids and her tattoo that says faith turns into frraefafjn. hahahah stretch marks and all. Then I thought maybe like my akilies tendon area, but I hear that HURTS. I have a friend who got a tattoo (2, actually...but it makes 1) on the arch on each of her feet and it says something about walking with faith in this really pretty script. She said it hurt like mad, though. I like looking at those, but I'm not sure I'd ever actually care enough to want one. Maybe I'll get a henna tattoo one of these days and see if I get sick of it. Those only last a few weeks.
I'm reminded of the SNL "commercial" with Amy and that "tattoo remover" that looks like gel deodorant and it like burns the skin off with acid and leaves these HUGE, nasty scars hahaa.
I don't want to do anything that I'll look back on as a childish fettish with stupidity.


Anway, It's 4am now. I guess I need to get ready. Sigh.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. ooh! how exciting! both the Millionaire posibility and the tattoo talk! :)

    let me know how you do on the test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, well I'm almost 100% that I only missed 3...out of 30.

    My mom and I figure you had to miss 1 or less to pass. Out of the 400 that were in our testing room, only 30 or so passed.

    ReplyDelete