So last night was miserable. I wanted to go to bed around 4am or so (
hah), but I couldn't fall asleep. Then I started feeling SO nauseous for some unknown reason...like, the kind of nausea where you have to prepare yourself to be ready to run at a moment's notice. It's like the minute men of nausea,
haha. LEGIT, to say the least. Anyway, so then my stomach starts feeling like someone is stabbing me from the inside out and the pain was AWFUL. So, naturally, I couldn't sleep. Eventually, after some medicine to take the pain and nausea away, I fall asleep. Too bad this wasn't until 10 freaking am. I was so not a happy camper...
erm, sleeper. Once I did fall asleep, though, it was magical. I slept so well, oddly enough...until my mother banged on my door at 2:30 to tell me my sister was here with both sets of nieces and nephews. (by both sets, I mean both of my sisters' children) and informs me of the promise I had made to keep them company and help them out while they all swam. 4 children in my pool...ages ranging from 4 months to 7years. OH MY GOODNESS. So not only am I exhausted beyond belief, but now I have to swim. Meh. I pretty much just walked around the shallow end or sat on the ledge until I eventually realized that my sister and brother-in-law had it all under control. I hadn't even touched one of them. AND to top it all off, my girly, screechy niece starts bawling because apparently a few MONTHS ago she dropped something on one of her toes and the nail all but fell off thanks to one little sliver of skin holding it on. Anyway, so the water makes her bandaid almost fall off, so she flips out until we just tell her to take it off. Then, she starts screaming because then she can see the dangling toenail. Though it is causing her no pain, she doesn't want to get in the water because she's scared. Whatever. So eventually we get her to just pull it off the rest of the way. Still bawling, she sobs, "now it looks nasty" and cries some more. Sigh. Sorry if my apathy shocks you, but she's kind of dramatic...all the time, haha. So then I get permission to go back inside because I was freezing and tired. I took a nice, hot shower, made myself a peanut butter sandwich, and went back to bed...where I stayed until 10:45pm. Needless to say, I missed BITB. Very sad.
So here I am on my bed again, eating another peanut butter sandwich, after eating a rather large salad, writing about my unproductive day...but I enjoyed it.
Goodnight again :)
I appreciate your Switchfoot/TWLOHA allusion :)
ReplyDelete