Tonight I am stuck at home conquering the massive pile of laundry that has grown a bit larger than my laundry basket. I'm okay with that, though. I feel a random urge to do it, so I suppose it isn't that large of a task. Perhaps I'll feel differently a few loads into it. See, I've never had to do my own laundry. I know that's a shock for quite a few people, and it may even seem like I'm spoiled, but the truth is, my mother is extremely particular as to how our laundry is done. Most of the time, she either doesn't trust anyone else to get it right, or she beats them to doing it because she knows she'll do it right. Also, my parents just do my laundry when they do theirs so they can make a full load. Unfortunately, though, my mother has recently decided that she wants me to start doing my own laundry. That way, when I get to college I'll be okay. Now, I know how to do laundry, I just hate doing it. I thought that was supposed to be a perk of living at home still? Ugh. Anyway, that's my laundry rant.
In other news, I've recently become obsessed with Jane Eyre. I watched all of the BBC movie via YouTube, but now I want to read it! Lauren let me borrow it after I brought her sushi :) I'm excited! I was going to wait to read it until I had finished Inkheart, but I left that at my sister's :( so now I have no book. I suppose I'll start tonight. Perhaps between loads of laundry :)
"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will."
That is all.
Weren't you supposed to have read Jane Eyre already for english K last year?
ReplyDeleteno? Oh, that was Emma by Jane Austen
ReplyDeleteI didn't read all of that either, and I still got an 85 on the research paper :D
ReplyDeleteEmma was so good! You really missed out.
ReplyDeletei've been doing my laundry since 2nd grade, and i still hate doing it. i just wait until all of clothes are dirty and i NEED to do it. sigh. next year i'll have about 1/4 the clothes, so i'll have to wash more frequently.
ReplyDelete