Friday, June 12, 2009

busy bee, I mean, Patriot :)

Hey kids!

So I registered or classes!!! WOOHOO!
Unfortunately, my school is so freaking expensive that my parents don't know if they can actually pay for it :( I have to finish a few of my scholarship applications, even though I already technically have those scholarships...it's complicated. Basically, they give you the scholarship and THEN you apply for it, haha. So if you don't apply you're out of luck...oh dear.
So today I got to see how much my school would be without my scholarships and we DEFINITELY can't pay for it...eh. I know God will work it out, though. Sigh

Anyway, my classes are as follows:
chapel (this is mandatory) I can go either mon, wed or fri
Foundations for excellence mon, wed, fri for 1hr at 10am
Intro to Christian ministry tues for 2.5 hours at 2pm
Old Test. tues & thurs for an hour and 15 min at 9:30am
Math for lib arts (haha) tues & thurs for an hour and 15 min at 11am
Am. History mon, wed, fri for 50 minutes at 8am

and an art mini mester this august. During this mini we're going to museums by day and musical performances by night AND getting college credit :D

in all, I have 16 hours for this semester...oh dear!

I'm super excited, though :) I get to move in Aug. 9th and I start class on the 10th hah
so much for getting settled in :)


I also found a roomate this week! Her name is Allison Abbey and she's really cool :) we're extremely similar, so this should be way exciting! We've already worked out a lot of furniture things and whatnot, so we're all set :D I'm SO excited!!!

oh, and I met my advisor! He's super nice! I really like him, actually. I thought it was going to be Professor Mullens, but it ended up being Professor von Helms. hmm. It happens. I'm so excited for college! Our closets are HUGE in Crowley (my dorm complex). GOOD NEWS! The only thing I was a little less than thrilled about ended up being the showers. It would have been fine if they had a little table for things you didn't want to get wet, but NOOOOO...lame. I'll get over it, though...I'm sure of it. I put my name in the drawing to get the room that was all decked out. I REALLY want it, but I'll be fine if I don't get chosen. The only things I wouldn't want were the bedspreads. MY bedspread is SUPER CUTE!!! http://www.target.com/Scroll-Comforter-Set-Black/dp/B000TM2M8M/187-3870939-7281317?ie=UTF8&node=372864011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Anyway, I'm just sitting at Starbucks, aka my new favorite place to just sit and chill EVER. I'm listening to Pandora radio and just chillin on ze laptop :) I really love my computer. It's just a great day all around! wooo!

I'M OFFICIALLY A DBU PATRIOT!!! SQUEEE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Von Helms is tight! He taught my Christian Doctrine mini, but i didn't know he was going to be an advisor. He and his family are just now moving back from North Carolina.

    If you have Spurgler (or Spurger I forget how to spell it) for intro to Christian Ministry, i think you'll like him. The class can be somewhat tedious, but i liked it and he was really tight.

    Oh and i took that math class too, it was pretty easy. my prof was real boring though. i forgot his name.

    who do you have for foundations?

    P.S. you don't get to chose what day you go to chapel. ha. You have to go all 3 days...pretty much every week. I think you get to miss like 11 a semester or something. But it's not bad (minus freshman chapel on fridays...sometimes that is REALLY boring).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I think that's the one I signed up for...let me check. Yeah, I have Spurger :)

    bahahahaha, I have Skyla for foundations :) I did that one on purpose :D

    I have Malley for math

    oh really??? I thought you got to pick which day. Oh well...I don't mind that. As long as I don't have to go to class during that time ;)

    Thanks for the advice, btw. It helped A LOT...except Mullens wouldn't let me sign up for one of the classes you suggested with Matthews. He was like, rawr, that puts you up to 19 hours (even though 3 were in a mini) and you shouldn't do this esp because it's a junior level course! haha so I ended up taking it off.

    I think I'm going to take greek with tummell or whatever his name is. He was in my room this morning...he's super tight. Who knows. That'll be another semester. I'm doing the BA program so I don't have to take math or science, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, malley was my prof for math too. ha. he is pretty boring, BUT i decided to take it at 8am tuesday/thursday so that definitely didn't help make him any more exciting ;)

    ReplyDelete