Sunday, June 14, 2009

wake up and smell the mcdonalds?

So this morning I had to stay up until 4am (yes, had to) to finish part of my cleaning. I had tons of clothes in our guest bedroom, as I was cleaning out my closet and all my drawers and I was threatened that if I left any clothes in there that I would get in a lot of trouble. So I knew I had to get everything out of there. Unfortunately, this was a huge task.

This morning I woke up with every intention of going to church, but I felt like crap. Everything in my body was screaming. I just needed to stay home. I haven't been feeling well lately.
Note to all friends: I haven't been at church much lately due to A LOT of different circumstances. Be aware that I have not lost anything in regards to my faith. I still read my Bible (I'm trying to be extremely regular with it) quite often and I'm actually reading this devotional lately that is quite wonderful. I've just needed a break from a lot of things lately. I've been kind of burned out from a lot of things, and I just needed some separation. The Bible doesn't say, "miss a week or two of church and perish!!!"
AND it DEFINITELY doesn't make me (or anyone I know that has gone through this) want to ever go back when those that miss a few weeks are practically jumped for missing. I'm so sick of, "ohhh my gosh, she does exist!" or "well we haven't seen you in a while..." It feels extremely condescending, and even if you aren't trying to do this, you make me feel like CRAP...like I'm some heathen. Just chill out. You make me not want to go back. I know tons of people that have actually STOPPED going to church because of people like this. It's rude. Stop.

Anyway, I finally finished cleaning today. I'm really excited to be done. I'm more ready than ever to leave.

My ferret doesn't have a home...and I'm scared for her. I'm actually very upset about it.

Today my mom woke me up at 1pm to McDonalds :) It was wonderful except, as always, they put cheese on my hamburger. I hate cheeseburgers. eww

I'm really hungry. I think there's some easymac calling my name :)

3 comments:

  1. To be fair, if I ever say anything about not seeing you in a while, it's because I miss you, and I suspect that many others do as well. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! You aren't one this is directed toward. There are some that are quite rude about it. They have this whole "holier than thou" attitude when they talk to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I understand. That is definitely annoying. I'm sorry that some that are rude about it!

    ReplyDelete