Wednesday, June 24, 2009

fast and approaching

So college is coming up, and I'm sure everyone and their dogs know I'm SO excited for it, but I've had something stuck on my mind lately that has made the journey a little less appealing :(

My ferret will have no where to go. I'm so sad about that. Ideally, I want her to go to a family that has kids that won't graduate high school by the time I'm out of college. I want a family I know so I can visit her. I want a family that will play with her and love her. Part of me feels like throwing in the towel on the hunt and maybe sending her to a no kill shelter, but I can't help thinking about the what if's. What if she's in a family that doesn't treat her right. The sad part: I probably will never get to have her as my pet ever again. I'll probably be in college 5 years because I'm doing the 5 year program to get my BA and my masters. Ferrets only live 7-8 years, and Cai is 4. Part of my desire to not know where she ends up is part of me simply never wanting to see her when she is old. I think the thought of being around when she dies scares me. I've never had a long term pet before. I haven't been around a lot of death in my life. I really want someone to take her and love her. I don't want her to have to switch owners more than once. Sigh. I'm so upset about this.

I've almost finished My Sister's Keeper! It's SO good. I'm about 70 pages from the end. I'll probably finish after I post this.

Maybe God will send me a family for Cai. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment